Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 24

 God has blessed us with another beautiful day and like usual there is a lot to get done. I did not even finish a single one of those saddles so I have those to work on and of course I will also be giving rides.
I have promised myself that today I am going to make time to practice with my trick rope. How am I ever to get that butterfly trick if I don’t practice? I got my new rope in but I have only used it twice for about ten minutes once and five the other time. Now Yancey has been getting some use out of it, he is getting pretty good with the big loop and vertical. Speaking of that new rope I was so glad to get it because it is the exact kind and brand Will Rogers and Monte Montana used! Of course that wont make me rope better but in my mind it kind of seems to insinuate that; don’t you think?
We have a gunfight coming up soon and we have a lot of horse training planned for today. I just hope it doesn’t get too hot; At this altitude that sun can be brutal!

No comments:

Post a Comment